Ilfracombe in North Devon is the first town in the UK to complete a new programme run by the National Campaign for Courtesy to recognise businesses for their courtesy.
On Friday 8 June 2012 at Ilfracombe Library, the Right Honourable Ann Widdecombe presented the Mayor of Ilfracombe with a certificate marking this achievement after more than 100 businesses took part.
Ilfracombe courteous town initiative
More than 100 Ilfracombe businesses have now been recognised and you can still nominate more using the form opposite.
The aim is to recognise ‘courteous businesses‘ and to help all businesses improve courtesy to make it an even better place for everyone who works and lives there and to improve the experience of everyone dealing with businesses in Ilfracombe.
Be recognised as a courteous business
All you have to do is register opposite, post your support for our ‘commitment to courtesy‘, then provide evidence of courteous behaviour. You’ll receive a certificate, window sticker, web logo and a listing on our Ilfracombe courteous business page.
How does the initiative help your business?
Each week, for 15 weeks, the initiative focused on a different aspect of courtesy, how it can help your business and what you can do to improve, if you need to.
But I’m already courteous
Then please help spread the word to help others.
Do you want to run the initiative in your town?
The Ilfracombe initiative has been a pilot scheme and, following its success, the National Campaign for Courtesy is looking to run the scheme in other towns.
Please contact us if you want to run it in your town.
- Courteous businesses
- Week eight – Promoting courtesy in your business
- Week eleven – Courtesy at Christmas
- Week fifteen – Towards a courteous future
- Week five – Courtesy and discipline in leadership
- Week four – What do staff think of you?
- Week fourteen – Saying our thank yous
- Week nine – Courtesy and motivation
- Week seven – Who do we need to thank?
- Week six – Stress and anger
- Week ten – A reasonable response
- Week thirteen – Reduce customer complaints
- Week three – What a customer wants
- Week twelve – Help!
- Week two – Recognition and acknowledgement
- Register as a courteous business
- Week one – Audit your courtesy
- Thank you